Meet our PADI Platinum Course Director Peter Nieuwhof from the Netherlands.
Peter is a very experienced Instructor who has over 500 Instructor level certifications and certified over 1500 students in the PADI system. Logged over 5000 dives and has experience in dry suit diving, ice diving and he is a DSAT Tech Deep Instructor trainer and Trimix diver. He teaches his IDC’s in a fun yet professional way and not only to pass the Instructor Exams but in a way that you really feel comfortable to teach your first course by yourself. To Peter training instructors is more than a business. It's a MISSION. Individual attention is the philosophy on his IDC’s and his personalized attention to each candidate assures success not only at the IE, also life after IE. With valuable experience, knowledge and instructors trained, you can be assured of the very best quality education and introduction to the dive industry.
- Open Water Scuba Instructor
- MFA / EFR Instructor (CPR/AED/First Aid)
- Master Scuba Diver Trainer (18 specialties)
- Oxygen Provider Instructor
- IDC Staff Instructor
- Master Instructor
- DSAT Tech Trimix Diver
- EFR Instructor Trainer, Infant/Child/Adult (CPR/AED/First Aid)
- Platinum Course Director
- DSAT Nitrox Gas Blender Instructor Trainer
- DSAT Trimix Gas Blender Instructor Trainer
- Specialty Instructor Trainer (20 specialties)
- Night Diver Instructor Trainer
- Deep Diver Instructor Trainer
- Nitrox Diver Instructor Trainer
- Night Diver Instructor Trainer
- Peak Performance Diver Instructor Trainer
- Wreck Diver Instructor Trainer
- Navigation Diver Instructor Trainer
- Fish ID Diver Instructor Trainer
- Naturalist Diver Instructor Trainer
- Search & Recovery Diver Instructor Trainer
- Drift Diver Instructor Trainer
- Diver propulsion Vehicle Diver Instructor Trainer
- Digital Underwater Photography Diver Instructor Trainer
- Videographer Diver Instructor Trainer
- Underwater Photography Diver Instructor Trainer
- Boat Diver Diver Instructor Trainer
- Multilevel Diver Instructor Trainer
- Project Aware Diver Instructor Trainer
- Coral Reef Conservation Diver Instructor Trainer
- Oxygen Provider Instructor Trainer
- Level 3 Full Cave TDI Diver
We employ around 8 - 10 western diving staff (instructors and divemasters) depending on the time of year - these come from all over the world, but are mostly European.
Beyond that we have a number of local support staff to help things run smoothly, plus always have a great social group thanks to the customers and internships students joining us.
We are a registered PADI Dive Resort (S- 36338), plus have achieved the high status of BSAC Centre of Excellence (No. 484) - one of very few worldwide reflecting the vast range of courses that we offer.
We're confident that we can provide a great diving experience no matter what your level of diving certification, and train safe, competent divers.
Besides the recreational dive courses that we offer, DJL Diving has a strong focus towards deep technical diving and wreck exploration.
Dive Exploration is an important activity here at DJL - with dive expeditions there is always somthing new and exciting to discover. This is important for maintaining a dynamic, evolving environment in the dive shop.
As a Divemaster intern with DJL Diving you have the opportunity to get involved. If you're looking for excitement & adventure, this is the place!