PADI's DSAT Tec Deep course trains you to undertake deep decompression dives to 50 metres.
You'll learn to dive with a twin set and stage/deco cylinders, using up to 100% O2 enriched air blends to accelerate your decompression schedule, or enhance the safety of your dive. Active in wreck & technical diving, where better to take your DSAT Tec Deep course than here in Thailand with DJL Diving. Although not for everyone, if you're the right kind of person deep technical diving is an exhilarating challege. By taking your DSAT Tec training with DJL you'll get the opportunity to make deep wreck dives around Koh Tao, plus the opportunity to combine with tech liveaboards further afield.
On this page we explain our DSAT tec deep course in detail.
Pre-requisites for DSAT Tec Deep Course:
- PADI Advanced Open Water & Rescue Diver [or equivalent]
- PADI Enriched Air & Deep Diver Specialties [or equivalent]
- At least 100 logged dives | 20 enriched air dives | 25 dives deeper than 18 metres| 15 dives deeper than 30 metres
- At least 18 years old
If you don't already meet these prerequisites don't worry - just contact us and we'll work out the best way to get you where you want to be!
DSAT Tec deep courses at DJL are taught by seasoned technical diving instructor Tim Lawrence.
Tim is passionate about technical diving, and has owned & run dive centres throughout the world, teaching & working in diving in 9 differernt environments.
Throughout this time, Tim has been responsible for locating many deep ship wrecks. Highlights include a 2000 year old Roman wreck, several tankers, two aeroplanes, a number of WW2 wrecks plus many more recent commercial vessels.
Tim's vast experience and continued motivation make him a great teacher to learn tech diving from. Applying his own personal experiences to the DSAT Tec Deep framework, you're certain of 'top-notch' tech training.
Training with Tim is strict/disciplined - after years of technical diving Tim has a deep understanding of the dangers & perils of tech diving. He ensures everyone he trains reaches the required level of performance before certification.
DSAT Tec Deep | Course Structure
Training includes both academic development, shallow water skills and progressively deeper dives.
The content will be spread across 10 days, including 12 dives. If you need more time, we're happy to put the extra work in.
Let's take a look in detail at what is covered.
DSAT Tec deep theory
Theory content of the DSAT Tec Deep Course includes:
- Tech diving equipment configuration
- Risks & responsibilities
- Gas & dive planning
- Emergency procedures
- Techniques & procedures
This will cover topics such as:
- Decompression sickness / field neuro exams
- Deco planning & NOTOX Gas switches, gas matching
- Narcosis management
- Equipment maintenance, oxygen compatibility
- MODs, dive planning, dive objectives & runtimes
- Principles for surviving a tech dive!
- Shallow water skills
- In shallow water, training skills & drills will include the following:
- Bubble & descent checks
- Buoyancy control with tech gear
- Deploying lift bags, use of reels
- Determining SAC rate
- Gas shutdown drills
- Long hose gas sharing
- NOTOX gas switches
- Weight checks
- We'll get you very comfortable in shallow water before we proceed deeper . . . . . .
- Open Water Tech Dives
For your open water dives, you'll get to execute technical dives on the pinnacles and wrecks around Koh Tao, Thailand, building up depth experience.
For the conclusion of the tec deep course you'll get to tech dive the Unicorn Shipwreck north of Koh Tao. Once you're ready, we'll take you for two deep deco dives on the Unicorn, getting right down to 50 metres.
You'll put all the shallow water training into practice, before finally being certified as a DSAT TEC Deep diver.
The DSAT Tec Deep course costs 55,000 baht
- DSAT Tec Deep crewpack [manual, slates]
- Use of all technical diving equipment
- All required training dives & gases
- i.e. no hidden extras!
- This includes the Open Water dives, conducted on Koh Tao's local dive sites.